Life's hard.

It's even harder when you're stupid.

John Wayne

Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Sweet potato Queens’ Book of Love by Jill Conner Browne★☆☆☆☆


The Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love
Damn it, where’s my ice cream?
Non Fiction – Comedy – Chick Lit
240 pages
Publication Date:  January 19, 1999

Written by their leader Jill Conner Browne, this book is meant to be a humorous guide to the life philosophies of the Sweet Potato Queens; a group of Southern Belles from Jackson, Mississippi who make their annual appearance during the Jackson St. Patrick’s Day parade since the 1980s.  This group of sassy women, dubbed as the only female drag queens that they know of by Browne try to live life with gusto and purpose.

When I started this book I was ready to have a good time.  I was looking for a light, easy read with a high entertainment factor for the weekend, however, it never happened.  After a slow start I tried to keep the faith, but by page 65 my faith dwindled down to nothing.  This book was always on the verge of being funny, but never crossed the threshold.  I thought with chapter titles like: Men Who May Need Killing, Quite Frankly or What to Eat When Tragedy Strikes, I was in for treat, but I never was satisfied.  I wanted an ice cream sundae, but all I got was the bowl!

SBN13: 9780609804131

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I appreciate person's right to their own opinion - even when they disagree with me - please remember this blog is a place of respect for all. Keep it clean and temper your comments with kindness. Thank you!