Life's hard.

It's even harder when you're stupid.

John Wayne

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sarah Elizabeth Plans a Tea Party by Monica Brandner, Lorene Keen, Zac Jones (Illustrations) ★★★★☆




Sarah Elizabeth Plans a Tea PartyLovely
Fiction – Children’s
Age Range: 4 - 8 years
Publication Date:  November 10, 2011

Sarah Elizabeth throws a princess tea party for her friend Lexi, but not everything goes according to plan.

I know that this book is much younger than what I usually review, but after purchasing it for my daughter’s birthday I couldn’t help it, I needed to share.  The illustrations are lovely and whimsical, full of color and energy.  The artist really captures the feeling of each scene and the characters personalities brilliantly shine through.  The words are simple enough that a 1st or 2nd grader should be able to read them on their own with only a little help, though it would be good to go through it with them to talk through the teachable moments, five of which are listed in the back.



In the book Sarah Elizabeth starts out with good intentions, but then selfishness gets the best of both her and Lexi, making them behave badly.  The story focuses on teaching kids to treat others with kindness and respect and how to forgive; lessons that all little princesses and princes can benefit from.  Personally, as a parent, I am grateful for any tool that I can use to reinforce these attributes in my girls. 

ISBN  0615505333 (ISBN13: 9780615505336)

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I appreciate person's right to their own opinion - even when they disagree with me - please remember this blog is a place of respect for all. Keep it clean and temper your comments with kindness. Thank you!