Life's hard.

It's even harder when you're stupid.

John Wayne

Friday, June 22, 2012

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris ★★★★☆

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse, #12)

A Visit with Old Friends
Fiction – Urban Fantasy/Paranormal - Mystery
327 pages
Publication Date:  May 1, 2012
Sookie Stackhouse #12


While holding a party for Vampire Kind Felipe de Castor, the dead body of a woman, Eric only minutes before fed on, appears on his front lawn.  Sookie with the help of Bill must find out what really happened and why, before Eric’s situation, and thus her’s, becomes even more precarious.

I would call this book an in-between book.  It was missing the usual amount of horrific fun and constant movement from one death situation to the next for Sookie.  Instead, it was more like catching up with your friends in Bon Temps while solving a very complicated mystery encompassing many players.  Sookie turns 28, Tara and JB have their twins, Jason and Michele get engaged, Sam finally sees Jannalynn for who she really is and we even briefly hear from Quinn.  We see the further deterioration of Sookie and Eric’s relationship and finally come to understand Dermot’s and the Fae situation.  Frankly, I really enjoyed Harris’ departure from the usual format.  I have never solely read these books for the action; I also invested in the characters.  My only real complaint was not seeing enough of Pam.  I missed her.

Book 13 is said to be the last book in the series and I feel this one nicely sets it up (perhaps for a lovely happily-ever-after with Sam, at least I hope so).

ISBN-13: 978-1937007447

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I appreciate person's right to their own opinion - even when they disagree with me - please remember this blog is a place of respect for all. Keep it clean and temper your comments with kindness. Thank you!