Life's hard.

It's even harder when you're stupid.

John Wayne

Thursday, June 20, 2013

I am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert ★★★☆☆



I am America (And So Can You!)
Stephen Colbert for President!
Non Fiction – Humor
230 pages
Publication Date:  2007

Former Presidential candidate in South Carolina and the handsome(if he does say so himself) anchor of the Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert, endows his followers from the Colbert Nation with his hilarious, “enlightened” and in no way well-informed world views that he wasn’t able to elaborate enough on during his show.

Stephen Colbert is either a national treasure or bat crap crazy … or possibly both.  No matter what category he falls in I, as always, found him delightful.  As a fan of his show, I am well acquainted with his humor.  His writing is incredibly clever, witty, deliciously sarcastic and oh so wrong.  Colbert enjoys universally poking fun at pretty much everything and everyone.  Nothing is sacred in the Colbert Nations.  Taken with a good sense of humor, I found even the values I hold dear thrown on the chopping block for comic fodder to be pretty dang funny.  And as I finished this book I realized I would never be the same.  Stephen Colbert’s sage advice of, “Don’t Suck,” is something I will carry with me always.

ISBN  0446580503 (ISBN13: 9780446580502)

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I appreciate person's right to their own opinion - even when they disagree with me - please remember this blog is a place of respect for all. Keep it clean and temper your comments with kindness. Thank you!