Life's hard.

It's even harder when you're stupid.

John Wayne

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs ★★★★☆

Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)Always just Right!
Fiction - Urban Fantasy/Mystery
340 pages
Publication Date:  March 5th 2013
Mercy Thompson #7

After a seemingly normal car accident during black Friday shopping Mercy quickly realizes that things are not normal.  Her mate, Adam, and his werewolf pack are missing and Mercy believes it might have to do with the political battle for public acceptance.  Feeling very alone and without too many options, Mercy, asks for help from anyone she can.

I have a favorite pillow and its name is “Squish”.  My husband compares it to my daughter’s silky blanket, and frankly he isn't very far off.  Squish is always just right and comfortable and that is how I feel about this series.  I always know the writing, characters and plot will be superior.  I never worry about, struggling to overcome some major deficit in order to get through one of these novels.  So far Patricia Briggs has always delivered.  I used to feel this way about Janet Evanovich, but as my regular readers know when it comes to up and downs with an author as of late it has been mostly down for me and Janet.

As always the action starts right off and instantly sweeps you up in the story.  It is a quick, compelling read, but definitely not a stand-alone book.  To be honest part of the reason this review is so short is, because I was so caught up in the twists and turns of the story I most of the time forgot my responsibilities to actually review the book and not just read it.  I liked getting to Ariana (Samuel’s mate and a fae) better and Asil, the Moor, as a newer character was very interesting.  He was a question mark through the whole thing.  His vanity and violence mixed with shrewdness added a new dynamic and freshness to the drama.  I definitely expect to see him show up again!


This book was great break from having to read books of unknown quality and I would love to own and reread it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I appreciate person's right to their own opinion - even when they disagree with me - please remember this blog is a place of respect for all. Keep it clean and temper your comments with kindness. Thank you!